About Duncan Farms
Duncan Farms is a permaculture farm near Huntsville, Alabama. We are looking for passionate individuals who care about permaculture, giving back to the land, and creating beautiful food for our community. We run a CSA and the happiness of our customers is always #1 in our minds. We want to drive consistency in our plant/animal production to always fill out our CSA. We are looking for someone who’s grown crops at scale, using natural methods, rotational grazing techniques, and has a critically inclined mind to create the most abundance and variety with the lowest amount of inputs. We are avid planners and want to have someone support the CSA with more fruits and vegetables.
This full-time position involves coordinating and executing the various tasks necessary to produce and deliver our food to our customers, including but not limited to: planting, pruning, thinning, mowing, irrigation, harvesting, packing, and processing of the various crops. This position will also require you to drive 6-8 hours with multiple stops. During our CSA deliveries you are expected to help pack food and veggies in the morning, head out for your deliveries. If you arrive back early to the farm, there are additional tasks for you to work on. There are many stops each day that require great care as you will be handling fresh food and putting it into coolers for our customers. Our Huntsville Compost business requires picking up food scraps from residences and bringing those scraps back to the farm for us to turn into lush soil - saving the land fill and empowering us to grow even better food on the farm.
Duties and responsibilities
- Manual Labor
- Misc. Tasks
- Mowing/Weed eating
- Delivering products and checking food before it’s delivered
- Using software to support routing
- Keeping vehicles clean and in good repair
- Taking daily notes on deliveries and issues that arise
- Having a working cellphone
- Being able to lift 50lbs or more
Skills you possess
- Customer first mindset
- Attention to detail
- Ability to follow instructions
Schedule: Work week will generally be five days per week with hours varying hours varying as needed to insure the proper management, harvesting and packing of the crops grown and completion of deliveries. This may include additional hours as required by seasonal demands and cultural practices.
More about us
We are looking for someone to grow a career with us, support the farm, and deliver A+ products and services to our customers on a daily basis. If the outdoors appeals to you, and you’d like to be part of a highly motivated and energetic team that cares about the environment and serving our community with delicious food and an amazing on-farm experience - then we’d love to talk to you!
- We operate a small permaculture farm
- We’re very casual people and look forward to a great relationship with you built on respect, trust, and competence
- We have high demands for our customers, and want you to care as passionately as we do. This business is our top priority, and we want it to be your top priority too
- We want to find someone who’s a great fit for our team, cares about permaculture, supporting our environment, and delivering amazing food to our customers each week
Work week will generally be five days per week with hours varying hours varying as needed to insure the proper management, harvesting and packing of the crops grown. This may include additional hours as required by seasonal demands and cultural practices.
Compensation range depends on education and experience. We are a growing company with opportunities for career development.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $13.00 per hour
How to Apply
Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org