Perfectly Seared Pork Chops
There is something to be said about a perfectly cooked pork chop, juicy, moist and delicious. Pair this with our salad and Honey Dijon vinaigrette for a wonderful, healthy meal.
1 package of Duncan Farms Pork Chops
Duncan Farms Italian Seasoning
Salt and pepper for seasoning
1 tablespoon of olive oil for searing
Preferably a cast iron skillet
- Pat your pork chops dry with paper towels. Season them liberally with Italian Seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Heat your pan with 1 tbsp of oil over medium high heat and wait until it's simmering hot. Cast iron works really well for searing meat as it holds heat best.
- Once simmering hot, add your pork chop, place them in away from you so no oil jumps up towards you. Let the pork chop sear, without moving it, until it is golden brown ( about 3-5 minutes).
- Flip and sear the other side the same way.
- Remove them from the pan and let them rest for about 10 minutes. Letting them rest keeps them juicy and allows them to finish cooking. If you have a meat thermometer, cook them until they reach 135, after resting they will have reached the perfect internal temperature of 145.